Saint Leo Men: #17 Lions Escape #20 Greyhounds; 12-11
Written by Lee Roggenburg on . Posted in College, Featured Posts, Florida Lacrosse News, Saint Leo Men.
via Saint Leo press release BOX SCORE SAINT LEO, Fla. – The No. 17 Saint Leo Lions outlasted the No. 20 Greyhounds, 12-11, on Thursday, March 7. The tight victory raised the Green and Gold’s record to 4-2, extending the Lions win streak to two while lowering Assumption’s record to 2-2. The Lions 4-0 run in the third quarter allowed Saint Leo to grab a 9-6 lead. With 11:28 remaining in the fourth quarter Assumption answered with their own four-goal streak to level the scoreboard at 11. Devin Sparks picked off the Greyhounds clear attempt to earn the caused turnover and ground ball. Sparks found Philip Buque who finished off the quick strike for the game-winner. Stat Highlights
- Philip Buque scored four goals and one assist to hand in five-points against the Greyhounds. He added two ground balls and a caused turnover.
- Charlie Kurtenbach also tallied four goals while picked up three ground balls.
- Jordan Williams went 14-for-26 on the face while picking up seven ground balls.
- Thomas Tatarian earned 13 saves to increase his season record in the net to 2-1.
- Dan Farrell and Travis Reid each put up four points while Brett Jennings scored a hat-trick as offensive leaders for Assumption.