via UF press release
Florida welcomes East Carolina to The Diz for a two-game series on April 1/3.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The No. 10 Florida lacrosse team (7-2, 4-0 AAC), returns to Donald R. Dizney Stadium to face off against the East Carolina Pirates (3-7, 1-3 AAC) in a two-game series on April 1/3.
Thursday’s opening draw is set for 4 p.m., while Saturday’s game is slated for an 11 a.m. start on YouTube.
The Gators are looking to clinch their 100th victory at Donald R. Dizney Stadium, currently holding a 99-19 record in the confines of The Diz.
No. 10 Florida vs. ECU Radio Stream – Thursday
No. 10 Florida vs. ECU Live Stream – Saturday | No. 10 Florida vs. ECU Radio Stream – Saturday
Florida is coming off a series sweep over the Cincinnati Bearcats, scoring 39 goals in the two games, while East Carolina dropped its last two contests against Vanderbilt, falling to the Commodores 19-12 and 14-12.
The Gators and the Pirates are meeting for the second time in program history, with Florida winning the only contest 20-10 on April 13, 2019 in Gainesville, Fla.
Scouting the Pirates
- The East Carolina Pirates come into the series with a 3-7 record, including a 1-3 record in American Athletic Conference play. Against ranked opponents, ECU is 0-2 this season
- The Gators own the 1-0 series advantage over the Pirates, winning the only contest 20-10 on April 13, 2019 in Gainesville, Fla.
- Through the season thus far, four Pirates have scored over 20 points: Megan Pallozzi (25g, 4a), Megan Tryniski (15g, 12a), Frances Kimel (17g, 8a) and Nicole LeGar (15g, 7a)
- LeGar controls the draw for East Carolina, coming up with 40 draws on the year. Payton Parr has added 20 draw controls of her own, while Kimel and Camryn Pennypacker have recorded 18 and 16 draws, respectively
- Defensively, the Pirates are averaging 7.80 caused turnovers per game, led by 11 from Liz Blumthal
- Ashley Vernon has seen a majority of minutes in the cage this season for East Carolina, recording 97 saves with a .424 save percentage. She has allowed 132 goals in 568:58 and has all 10 decisions for the Pirates
No. 10 Florida vs. ECU Broadcast Information – April 1
Time & Date: Thursday, April 1 | 4 p.m.
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
No. 10 Florida vs. ECU Broadcast Information – April 3
Time & Date: Saturday, April 3 | 11 a.m.
Live Stream: YouTube
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
- When facing teams not ranked in the IWLCA Top-25 poll, the Gators are 11-5 (.957)
- The Gators are looking to clinch their 100th victory in the confines of Donald R. Dizney Stadium, currently sitting at 99-19 (.839)
- Amanda O’Leary is the seventh winningest active Division I coach with her .751 winning percentage in 26 seasons (337-112)
- O’Leary has the fourth-most wins of active Division I coaches with 337 and is 175-47 (.789) at Florida
- When scoring at least 14 goals, the Gators are 140-2 (.986) in program history
- Since 2011, Florida has the third-most wins of any Division I women’s lacrosse program with 165
- Streaking: Shannon Kavanagh’s 36 consecutive games with a goal is the second-longest streak in program history (Record – 40 games, Shayna Pirreca)
- Streaking: Shannon Kavanagh’s 36 consecutive games with a point is the fifth-longest streak in program history
- Streaking: Sarah Reznick has tallied a groundball in 13-straight games, tied for the fifth-longest streak in program history
- Streaking: Brianna Harris has recorded a point in 29-straight games, the seventh-longest streak in program history
Fan Policies at The Diz
- Gators lacrosse looks to maximize fan seating while maintaining social distancing
- Admission at Donald R. Dizney Stadium is free and will be capped at approximately 700 fans
- Blocks of seats at the Diz will be marked and fans attending the games will need to sit in those marked seats to ensure proper physical distancing
- In accordance with UF Health and campus guidelines, face coverings (over the nose and mouth) will be required of all guests throughout the entire game. Failure to comply with this important health guideline could result in loss of attendance privileges
- The Diz will feature new signage to help reinforce safety measures and will also feature an increased number of hand sanitizer stations
- Fans are encouraged to utilize clear bags to reduce touch points for entry gate staff
Follow the Gators: