via FIT press prelease, by Alex Henderson
Harrogate, Tenn. – The Florida Tech women’s lacrosse team journeyed to the Volunteer State of Tennessee Friday afternoon to take on the Lincoln Memorial University (LMU) Railsplitters where they came up short.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: Florida Tech 16, LMU 17
Records: Florida Tech (2-2, 0-0 SSC) LMU (2-3, 0-0 South Atlantic Conference)
Locations: Lincoln Memorial Lacrosse Complex | Harrogate, Tenn.
- Jennifer Boyle recorded the first goal of the game to take a lead 1:51 into the game.
- Goals for Gillian Craig and Sophia Scichilone each scored with an LMU goal in between theirs to put Tech up 3-1.
- The Railsplitters went on to score four unanswered goals to go ahead 5-3.
- LMU would go back up by two before Craigs second goal of the game left the Panthers trailing by one at the end of the first.
- A goal from Kayla Minton 1:06 into the second quarter tied the game at 6-6.
- Scichilone second goal on the evening gave Tech the one goal lead.
- LMU’s two unanswered goals would give them the lead 8-7.
- For Minton’s second goal of the game, she tied things up at 8-8 before Craig recorded a hat-trick to put tech up 9-8.
- The Panthers would not trail for the remainder of the second quarter.
- Rachel Johnson scored her first goal of the game with 6:41 remaining before half before Millie Hurt would later score to give the Panthers a 11-9 lead.
- With 2:25 to go before half Johnson picked up two more goals to become the second Panther in the game to record a hat trick.
- Tech would lead 13-9 heading into halftime.
- Minton become the third Panther to score a hat trick I the game extending Techs lead by five.
- Following an LMU goal, Johnson scored her fourth goal of the contest to make thing 15-10
- The Railsplitters would go on to tie the game following five unawarded goals making it 15-15.
- Scichilone’s third goal of the game was her first career hat trick and gave the Panthers the 16–15 lead heading into the final quarter.
- LMU tied the game up 1:21 into the fourth quarter.
- Nearly 10-minutes would go by before LMU scored the game winning goal with 4:29 to go In the quarter.
- the Railsplitters picked up the win with a final score of 17-16.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech drops to 0-1 to LMU following the teams inaugural meeting.
UP NEXT: For the latest news, updates and information on the Florida Tech women’s lacrosse team, visit FloridaTechSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Panthers news by following Florida Tech Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.