Flagler Women 12-11 in OT over Lynn – Both Recaps
via the school’s press releases/websites
Pinder’s Overtime Goal Leads No. 15 Flagler to Victory over No. 11 Lynn
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Ella Pinder buried the game winning goal off a free position shot for No. 15 (IWLCA Division II Top 25 Poll) Flagler College in their 12-11 overtime win against No. 11 Lynn University.
This was the Saints eighth win in a row bringing them to 10-1 overall and breaking the Fighting Knights seven-game winning streak bumping them to 9-2 overall.
Despite coming up short in the end, the Fighting Knights started the game leading 6-1 at the end of the first quarter. The Saints fired back at the start of the second quarter with four goals in a row from Jordan Green, Sydney Onega, and two from Jessica Wright as well as shutting out the Fighting Knights the entire quarter.
Lexie Morton’s fourth goal in the fourth quarter with only 2:58 left in regulation brought the Saints into overtime.
The Saints also shined defensively with goalie Lauren Ribadeneira picking up seven groundballs and making nine saves. Jenn Seebach caused three turnovers in favor of the Saints as well and Pinder won four draw controls this afternoon.
Next up for the Saints is a home field Gulf South Conference matchup on April 1 at 12 p.m. against the University of Montevallo.
No. 11 Lynn Women Lose in OT
BOCA RATON, Fla. – The 11th-ranked Lynn University women’s lacrosse team endured a 12-11 loss to No. 15 Flagler in overtime, Wednesday at Bobby Campbell Stadium. The loss ends a seven-game winning streak for the Fighting Knights and drops them to 9-2 on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
– The Fighting Knights jumped out to a 6-1 lead after the first quarter, but were outscored 10-5 over the following three quarters
– Flagler used a 6-0 scoring run in the second and third quarters to rebound for a 7-6 lead early in the second half
– Senior Danielle Farinas and sophomore Kristyn Johnson scored in the third to help Lynn to an 8-7 lead with goals at 11:35 and 8:04
– Lynn grabbed three more one-goal leads
– Junior Sydney Hill scored at 13:35 in the fourth for a 9-8 lead, freshman Becca Clark connected on a shot for a 10-9 advantage at 8:47 and sophomore Mallory Jarka found the net with 3:58 to play in regulation for an 11-10 lead
– Flagler scored with 2:58 left in the fourth quarter to even the count at 11 and Ella Pinder scored a free-position goal in OT to earn the win
– The Saints held a narrow 26-25 advantage in shots and a 14-13 edge in draw controls
– Senior Isabella Clark scored the game’s first goal just 1:04 into action for an early 1-0 lead
– Jarka and freshman Elizabeth Clagett each scored twice as the Fighting Knights opened a 6-1 lead following the first quarter
FIGHTING KNIGHT STATS:
– Jarka scored three goals with three draw controls
– Farinas scored once and had two assists
– Hill scored twice with one assist
– Freshman Isabella Connelly collected five draw controls
– Graduate student Ciara Moorman posted nine saves while suffering the loss
– The Fighting Knights return to action on Saturday at No. 5 Florida Southern at 1:00 pm