via UF press release by Katie Callahan
Florida and Stony Brook set to face off on Saturday at 10 a.m.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The No. 11 Florida lacrosse team continues its challenging nonconference slate, taking on its third-straight Top-5 opponent in No. 5 Stony Brook on Saturday.
Opening draw is set for 10 a.m. at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.
No. 11 Florida vs. No. 5 Stony Brook
This is the ninth meeting between the Gators and the Seawolves in program history, with Florida leading the series 7-1. UF won the last matchup against then-No. 3 Stony Brook, 12-10 in Gainesville, Fla. on Feb. 29, 2020.
In its last contest, Florida fell to then-No. 5 Maryland 18-8, while Stony Brook is coming off a win against Dartmouth (20-3).
- Saturday’s game will serve as Florida’s Pediatric Cancer Awareness game to honor the Gators’ Friends of Jaclyn adoptee Jada
- Fans are asked to wear orange in support
- Giveaway: The first 500 fans will receive an orange performance shirt with the phrase “Jada Strong”
- The Dance Marathon team with the most members in attendance will receive $250 towards their DM team
Scouting the Seawolves
- Stony Brook sits fifth in the ILWomen/IWLCA poll after starting the season after 1-1 with a win against Dartmouth. The Seawolves fell to No. 3 Syracuse 12-11 in the season opener0
- The Seawolves have two players on the Tewaaraton Watch List: Kailyn Hart and Ellie Masera. Rayna Sabella was named as an Inside Lacrosse Division I Preseason Third Team All-American
- Through the first two games, Kaitlyn Hart (5g, 4a), Erin MacQuarrie (2g, 6a) and Ellie Masera (4g, 3a) are leading the way offensively
- Charlotte Verhulst and Elli Masera are leading the way in the draw circle for Stony Brook, posting 13 and nine draws, respectively
- Charlie Campbell is playing the majority of minutes in the cage for the Seawolves, recording 15 saves with a .500 saves percentage
Florida-Stony Brook Ties
- Florida’s redshirt sophomore goalkeeper will face off against her sister, Maggie Reznick at Donald R. Dizney Stadium on Saturday
- This is the first time the sisters will be competing against one another and the second game this season a pair of sisters have faced off (Maggi and Gaby Hall – Florida vs. UNC)
- Gator Great Sydney Pirecca will return to Florida’s sidelines on Saturday morning as she now serves as an assistant coach for Stony Brook
No. 11 Florida vs. No. 5 Stony Brook Broadcast Information
Time & Date: Saturday, March 5 | 10 a.m.
Live Stream: YouTube
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Series Information – No. 11 Florida vs. No. 5 Stony Brook
Seawolves | 2022 season: 1-1, 0-0 America East
- This is the ninth meeting between the Gators and Seawolves
- Florida holds the 7-1 series advantage
- Home: 4-1 | Away: 3-0 | Neutral: 0-0
- Last Meeting: Feb. 29, 2020 | Gainesville, Fla. | W, 12-10
- The last time these two teams faced off on Feb. 29, 2020, the Gators defeated No. 3 Stony Brook 12-10
- Sarah Reznick notched 13 saves in the game, while Maggie Corbo is the returning high-scorer as she netted two goals on the afternoon
- Streaking: Sarah Reznick has recorded a save in 32-straight games, tied for the third-longest streak in program history
- Streaking: Paisley Eagan has recorded a draw control in 21-straight games, tied for the fifth-longest streak in program history
- Florida owns an impressive 109-20 (.845) record in the confines of Donald R. Dizney Stadium
- When scoring at least 14 goals, the Gators are 152-2 (.987) in program history
- Since 2011, Florida has the third-most wins (177) of any Division I women’s lacrosse team
Follow the Gators: