Seahawks Take First Loss of the Season At #2 Reinhardt
via Keiser press release/website
No. 1 Keiser Seahawks 6, No. 2 Reinhardt Eagles 10
Ken White Field (Waleska, Ga)
Keiser 11-1, 6-1 AAC | Reinhardt 11-1, 7-0 AAC
Keiser men’s lacrosse were defeated the first time in 2023 this afternoon in Waleska, Ga. The Seahawks went down early and were hampered by 19 turnovers in a matchup of the NAIA’s best teams.
Keiser 0, Reinhardt 3
- The Eagles jumped out to an early lead with three goals spread through the first quarter.
Keiser 1, Reinhardt 6
- After the Eagles added a goal with two minutes gone in the quarter, AJ Badik scored on a man-up opportunity to give KU its first goal.
- RU added two more goals just before halftime.
Keiser 4, Reinhardt 10
- The Seahawks made halftime adjustments and came out firing in the second half, and AJ Badik scored his second goal unassisted 53 seconds into the half.
- Two minutes later, Jackson Marshall scored a goal unassisted to put Keiser within three.
- Reinhardt answered with a goal one minute later.
- With 8:55 on the clock, Braeden Niemy scored with a Vincent Cerasuolo assist.
- Reinhardt added three goals over three minutes to end the half.
Keiser 6, Reinhardt 10
- The Seahawks battled to get back in the game, and scored a goal 30 seconds into the final quarter when AJ Badik scored with a Michael Shephard assist.
- After 11 minutes of defensive gridlock, Jack Gillen scored unassisted.
- Despite the late scoring run, the Seahawks ran out of time, and dropped to 11-1 on the season.
- Keiser outshot Reinhardt 41-38.
- Cam Provines was solid at the faceoff x, going 16-19.
- AJ Badik recorded his fourth hat trick of the season.
- KU caused seven turnovers.
- The Seahawks picked up 46 groundballs.
No. 1 Keiser
Goals: Badik (3)
Points: Badik (3)
Assists: Cerasuolo / Shephard (1)
Faceoffs: Provines (16-19)
Ground Balls: Provines (10)
Caused Turnovers: Five Players (1)
Saves: Tomei (18)
No. 2 Reinhardt
Goals: Cochran (3)
Points: Hanak (4)
Assists: Hanak / Lux (2)
Faceoffs: Crowell (3-19)
Ground Balls: Ceant (8)
Caused Turnovers: Potvin (5)
Saves: Wright (18)
Keiser will face Webber International next Saturday for Senior Day in West Palm Beach. Opening faceoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
For the most up-to-date information about the program, follow Keiser Men’s Lacrosse on Twitter and Instagram.
General athletic news can be found at KUSeahawks on Facebook, kuseahawks on Instagram, and kuseahawks on Twitter.