SSC Women: Lynn takes the 17-10 Win over Saint Leo – Both Recaps
via the school’s press releases/websites
No. 13 Lynn defeats No. 20 Saint Leo for 10th win
BOCA RATON, Fla. – Seven different Fighting Knights scored multiple goals in a 17-10 win over No. 20 Saint Leo on Wednesday afternoon. The 13th ranked Lynn women’s lacrosse team is now 10-3 overall and 1-1 in the Sunshine State Conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
– The Fighting Knights out-shot Saint Leo, 33-22, finished 17 of 19 clear attempts and had 21 draw controls compared to 10 by the Lions
– After going down 2-1, Lynn scored four consecutive goals to end the first quarter with a 5-2 lead
– Senior Isabella Clark scored two goals with under four minutes left in the first and sophomore Kristyn Johnson found the net with :23 remaining
– The Lions out-shot Lynn, 10-7, in the second period, but the Fighting Knights outscored Saint Leo, 5-4, to take a 10-6 lead into the half
– Freshman Becca Clark scored two of her three goals in the second quarter
– A low-scoring third quarter saw just eight total shots as each team scored a pair of goals
– An early goal in the fourth quarter got the Lions within three goals at 12-9
– Lynn responded with four consecutive goals and five of the last six scores in the final period for a 17-10 win
– The Clark’s each found the back of the net to complete their hat tricks while junior Sydney Hill scored Lynn’s final two goals
FIGHTING KNIGHT STATS:
– Senior Danielle Farinas had a season-high five assists and ranks seventh in the SSC with 1.54 assists per game this season
– Isabella and Becca Clark each notched their second hat tricks of the season
– Graduate student Ciara Moorman had a season-high 11 ground balls
– Sophomore Mallory Jarka tallied her fourth four-point game of the season (2 G, 2 A)
– Junior Lauren Dickson scored two goals on three shots and has a .667 SH% (14 goals on 21 shot attempts) this season
– Lynn set a season high with 21 draw controls and their 33 shots were the second most in a game
The Fighting Knights travel to Daytona Beach to play No. 18 Embry-Riddle on Saturday, April 8 at 1:00 pm.
#20 Lions Fall to #13 Lynn In Tough Fought Road Matchup
SAINT LEO, Fla. – The #20 Saint Leo women’s lacrosse team unable to top #13 Lynn in a tough fought road appearance.
The Lions now move to 8-4 after falling to Lynn.
In the first quarter, Saint Leo’s Ashlee Wilsynski was the first to score for the Lions, but Lynn fought back strong and took a 5-2 lead into the second.
In the second quarter, Lynn continued to be in charge of the game with a strong showing from the offensive side of the team.
Eliz Fino scored the Lions first goal of the second quarter.
The Knights led 10-6 going into halftime.
In the third quarter, Fino scored the first goal of the quarter once again for the Lions as they continued to try and claw back into the game.
Going into the fourth quarter, Lynn held a 12-8 lead.
Wilsynski kicked things off for the Lions in the fourth quarter scoring their first goal.
The Lions’ efforts was not enough as Lynn walked away with a 17-10 win.
Ashlee Wilsynksi was the team’s leading goal scorer with four goals.
Up next, the Lions continue on the road as they go to Melbourne, FL to square off versus Florida Tech on August 8th with an early 10:00am start time.
For the latest news, updates, and information on the Saint Leo women’s lacrosse, be sure to visit SaintLeoLions.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Lions news by following Saint Leo Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.