St. Andrews Unanimous Number One in the Tom Marachek’s All-Pro Lacrosse Top Ten Poll
There was quite a bit of movement in The Tom Marachek’s All-Pro Lacrosse Coach’s Poll this week. Lake Highland dropped from the number one spot after Benjamin did the unthinkable and knocked off the defending state champs, moving St. Andrew’s to the top spot and propelling Benjamin to the number 4 spot. Pine Crest won two games convincingly and dropped three spots. Jupiter improved to 12-0 and also dropped a spot. St. Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Moore, and Boca all stayed put while Timber Creek dropped out of the ten spot replaced by Lake Brantley.
- St. Andrews was the unanimous number one pick of our pollsters. They defeated Pope John Paul ll, WT Dwyer and Timber Creek – 18-2, 20-3, 18-2 respectively.
- Lake Highland suffered in the poll from the shocking loss 8-9 loss to Benjamin. Earlier in the week they pulled out an exciting win over Shipley, PA by a score of 9-8.
- Ponte Vedra came in third with wins over Episcopal 7-2 and Winter Park 11-4.
- Benjamin moved up to number four in the poll with the big upset over defending state champion Lake Highland 9-8.
- St. Thomas Aquinas – Defeated Boca 14-6 and Boone 15-5
- Pine Crest defeated Palm Beach Gardens 19-6 and Archbishop McCarthy 19-4.
- Jupiter beat Pope 6-4 and Barron Collier 15-9. They are now 12-0, the only undefeated team in our top ten poll.
- Bishop Moore-Beat West Orange 10-5 and Northview GA 14-10.
- Boca Raton – Lost to St. Thomas 6-14 and defeated Spanish River.
- Lake Brantley defeated Hagerty and Lyman.