Tom Marachek’s All-Pro Lacrosse Top Ten – Lake Highland Moves Past St. Andrew’s to Take the Top Spot
Lake Highland, Ponte Vedra, Pine Crest, Benjamin, and Boca are all up. St. Andrews, St. Thomas, and Bishop Moore are down. Winter Park is out and Timber Creek is in. It was a very active week for the top ten.
- Lake Highland has taken the top spot away from St. Andrew’s in the Tom Marachek’ s All-Pro Lacrosse coach’s poll this week. Lake Highland defeated Bishop Moore 14-5 and Edgewater 20-1 to move into the top spot as they secured the number one seed in District 11.
- St. Andrews had a tough week loosing tow game to out of state opponents. They lost to Boys Latin (was #26 on FAB 50) and then lost to Brunswick School (Canada). They finished the week by defeating Tampa Jesuit 18-6.
- Ponte Vedra jumped from 4th to 3rd on the strength of three quality wins this week. They were dominant in a 19-9 victory over a surging Creekside team. They then defeated Hagerty, fresh off of their huge upset over Winter Park 13-5 and finished the week with a 10-7 win at Timber Creek.
- Pine Crest was the big mover of the week going from 7th to 4th by beating last week’s number three team, St. Thomas Aquinas, 18-14 and then trouncing Cardinal Gibbons 19-0.
- St. Thomas Aquinas dropped from 3rd to 5th after the loss Pine Crest. They then turned around and vented some frustration on South Plantation 20-2 and Coral Shores 19-0.
- Jupiter remained at 6 with wins over Martin County 17-1 and Southfork 20-2.
- Benjamin moved from the 9th spot in our poll to the 7th. They played one of the toughest schedules in the state last week with a 12-5 loss to McDonogh (MD was #43 on FAB 50) and then coming home to beat Lake Mary and Bishop Moore 9-6 and 8-2.
- Bishop Moore drops three spots from 5th to 8th with the losses to Benjamin and Lake Highland Prep. In between those games they beat WT Dwyer 12-7.
- Boca Raton quietly picked up a spot in the shuffle moving from the 10th position up to 9th. They had two blow-out victories against University School and Palm Beach Central. They had the lowest strength of schedule in our top ten poll last week. The next three weeks will give them a chance to prove they are a for real top ten team as they play St. Thomas Aquinas, Pine Crest, and Benjamin. They finish off with a 6-1 Jupiter Christian school that may be looking for a big upset at the end of the season.
- Timber Creek moved back into the top ten by defeating Lake Brantley 11-10 and Bartram Trail 7-6. They then lost to a tough Ponte Vedra team 10-7. They did enough this week to impress our voters and get them back into the top ten rankings.