via Rollins press release/website, by Michael Pierce, photo by Mike Watters
WINTER PARK, Fla. (March 11, 2023) – The Rollins women’s lacrosse team took an early lead and never looked back, taking down No. 17 Seton Hill on Saturday afternoon, 13-10. The Tars are now 7-0 on the season, while the Griffins fall to 2-3.
Abigail Cawley led the way with four goals, one assist, three ground balls, and three caused turnovers, while Caroline Gastonguay added three goals, one assist, three ground balls, and two caused turnovers. Charlotte Gastonguay chipped in with a pair of goals, while Julianna Gloth led the team with four ground balls and five caused turnovers. Rachel Schlesinger (6-0) made three saves while allowing 10 goals, playing all 60 minutes in goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Caroline Gastonguay scored the opening goal 3:05 into the game, and Cawley followed up with her first of the day just 45 seconds later.
- Lauren Noonan scored with 3:22 to play in the first and Jorie Alf netted a goal 62 seconds later, doubling the Tar lead to 4-0.
- Seton Hill found two late goals to cut the lead to 4-2 after one quarter.
- Charlotte Gastonguay scored on an EMO in the first minute of the second quarter, with Cawley scoring her second and third goals of the game just a few minutes later, building the Rollins lead to 7-2.
- After two Griffin goals, Caroline Gastonguay scored her second of the game, and she added her third after another Seton Hill goal, putting the Tars up 9-5 with 5:02 to play in the half.
- SHU got the final goal of the half, making it a 9-6 game at the break.
- Rollins scored the first three goals of the third, with Charlotte Gastonguay, Cawley, and Delanie Aberie finding the net to push the advantage to 12-6.
- The Griffins scored twice in the final 46 seconds of the quarter, making it a 12-8 game.
- No team scored over the first 11:11 of the fourth quarter, but it was Seton Hill who finally broke through, scoring two goals in the span of 1:50 to trim the deficit to 12-10.
- Lily Thornewill iced the game by scoring with just over a second remaining, securing the 13-10 win for the Tars.
The Tars will be back in action on Wednesday, March 15, when they host Alabama – Huntsville at 7:30 p.m.
Fans can follow the Tars all season long at RollinsSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest #TARnation news by following Rollins Sports on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.