SSC Men: #14 Saint Leo Knocks Off Embry-Riddle 17-7
Written on . Posted in College, Embry Riddle Men, Featured Posts, Florida Lacrosse News, Saint Leo Men.
via Saint Leo press release BOX SCORE
#14 Lions Runaway in Third Quarter at Embry-RiddleDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The No. 14 Saint Leo Lions’ third-quarter rally ran away from the Embry-Riddle Eagles, 17-7. The Sunshine State Conference victory raised the Green and Gold’s overall record to 7-3, 2-0 in the SSC. The Sunshine State Conference matchup allotted only one goal per team after the first quarter of play. “Thomas Tatarian was excellent and saved us from a slow start,” commented head coach Brad Jorgensen. With a tight 4-3 lead at the half, the Saint Leo offense put on the jets to opened the third quarter with seven-straight goals. The Lions edged the Eagles 4-1 in the fourth to bring home the conference win. “It was good to get a win at Embry-Riddle,” concluded Jorgensen. “Our focus is now about continuing to do well on the road next weekend at Rollins.” Stat Highlights
- Charlie Kurtenbach scored a hat-trick and also assisted in three for a six-point game.
- Philip Buque also tallied a hat-trick and an assist for a four-point performance.
- Andrew Buck and Matt Shand each scored a pair of goals. Shand added two assists to contribute four points.
- At the face, Jordan Williams went 11-19 and picked up seven ground balls.
- Thomas Tatarian had a stellar game with 11 saves while facing 31 shots.
- Philip Buque and Charlie Kurtenbach have scored in every game so far this season.
- Kurtenbach celebrated the elite career milestone of 100 career goals at Embry-Riddle. The senior attacker now has 101 goals, 67 assists.