via FIT press release/website, by Christina Hardman
WILSON, N.C. – Men’s Lacrosse got back in the win column, scoring 10 goals in the first period, defeating Barton.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: No. 20 Florida Tech 17, Barton 9
Records: Florida Tech (4-2, 0-0 SSC) | Barton (5-4, 0-0 CC)
Locations: Electric Supply Company Field at Truist Stadium | Wilson, N.C.
- The Tech defense held Barton to just two shots in the second quarter.
- C. Stewart extended the lead 11-3 on a Carte ball.
- Andrew Walenty and Austin Engeler added one each, both on unassisted efforts to take a 13-3 advantage into the break.
- Teams exchanged goals for the third period with each team scoring two.
- Panther goals came from C. Stewart and Rozgonyi on assists by Rozgonyi and P. Stewart.
- Barton outscored the Panthers 3-2 in the final frame.
- Bulldogs were the first to add one on the board before Terpak found Carte, who sent a bullet into the net.
- Carte completed the hat trick scoring Tech’s final goal, assisted by Terpak.
- Collin Stewart recorded a hat trick and three assists for six points, along with one caused turnover.
- Nate Deplancke tallied a hat trick, one assist, and four ground balls.
- Justin Carte finished with a hat trick, one assist, and one ground ball.
- Zach Rozgonyi finished with one goal, three assists, and one caused turnover.
- Jakob Terpak posted three assists.
- Patrick Stewart recorded one goal, one assist, and one ground ball.
- JR Radun finished with a career-high two caused turnovers.
- Jack Maranto went 9-12 on faceoffs and recorded six ground balls.
- Cooper Leonard went 10-17 on faceoffs and tallied four ground balls.
- Jax Francisco charted seven saves on 26 shots (16 on goal).
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Florida Tech held the advantage in shots (47-26), ground balls (38-21), and faceoffs (19-10).
- Panthers went 18-for-20 on clears, while Barton went 14-for-17.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE:
- This was the first meeting between the two teams.
- Rozgonyi moved to sixth all-time in program history for career points with 109 and eighth in career assists with 34.
UP NEXT: Florida Tech is back at home Saturday, March 18 to take on Colorado Mesa. The contest is set for 3 p.m.
For the latest news, updates and information on the Florida Tech men’s lacrosse team, visit FloridaTechSports.com. Fans can also stay up-to-date on the latest Panthers news by following Florida Tech Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.