via UF press release, by Katie Callahan
Florida holds the 2-0 series advantage over the Owls.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The No. 7 Florida lacrosse team is set to make its 2022 season debut on Saturday against the Kennesaw State Owls.
Opening draw is set for 1 p.m. at Donald R. Dizney Stadium and the game will be streamed on YouTube.
No. 7 Florida vs. Kennesaw State Live Stream
This is the third meeting between the Gators and the Owls, but the first hosted at The Diz. Florida holds the 2-0 series advantage, taking the last meeting 20-7 on March 3, 2021.
Florida is coming off a stellar 18-3 record during the 2021 campaign, finishing with an appearance in the NCAA Quarterfinals. During the year, Florida went a perfect 10-0 in conference play, winning its 10th-straight conference title. The Gators also clinched the AAC Tournament Championship – their seventh-straight tournament championship.
On the start of the season:
“We had a great preseason. It was a grind as all preseasons are, but I thought the team played really well and we are just excited to step out onto the field this Saturday against a really good Kennesaw State team.”
On the amount of Top-25 teams Florida will face this season:
“Our motto is, ‘If you want to be the best, you have to play the best’ We are going to have a lot of great home games, including those against Top-5 opponents, which is really exciting for our fans. It will be some good competition early on this year.”
- Giveaway: 70 Florida Lacrosse reusable water bottles
- Giveaway: 100 fans will receive Valentine’s Day candy from Albert
- Kid’s corner: On the main concourse, kids can meet Albert, make posters & Valentine’s Day cards, as well as play outdoor games
- Hammock Seating: First come, first serve basis, fans can sit in the hammocks between the palm trees near the front gate
Scouting the Owls
- Kennesaw State enters the 2022 season after a 5-10 campaign in the 2021 season. The squad went 1-2 in ASUN conference play
- The Owls are returning two of their three leading scorers for the 2022 season in Siena Gore (67 goals, 8 assists) and Natalie Welch (14 goals, 7 assists)
- Gore and Jaxsyn Schonewille led the way in the draw circle for Kennesaw State, recording 76 and 21 draw controls, respectively
- Julia Weiss returns to the cage for the Owls after a 2021 season where she recorded 120 saves and a .379 save percentage in 15 starts
No. 7 Florida vs. Kennesaw State Broadcast Information
Time & Date: Saturday, Feb. 12 | 1 p.m.
Live Stream: YouTube
Live Stats: Statbroadcast
Owls | 2021 season: 5-10, 1-2 ASUN
- This is the third meeting between the Gators and Owls
- Florida holds the 2-0 series advantage
- Home: 0-0 | Away: 2-0 | Neutral: 0-0
- Last Meeting: March 3, 2021 | Kennesaw, Ga. | W, 20-7
- In last season’s matchup against the Owls, Paisley Eagan led the way with four goals, while Maggi Hall and Danielle Pavinelli each recorded a hat trick
- Florida is led by captains Paisley Eagan, Sarah Reznick and Emma Wightman
- Amanda O’Leary is the seventh winningest active Division I coach with her .757 winning percentage in 26 seasons (348-113)
- O’Leary has the fourth most wins of active Division I coaches with 348 and is 186-48 (.795) at Florida
- Florida is 121-5 (.960) against opponents not ranked in the IWLCA Top-25 poll in program history
- When scoring at least 14 goals, the Gators are 151-2 (.987) in program history
- Since 2011, Florida has the third-most wins (176) of any Division I women’s lacrosse team
- Streaking: Sarah Reznick has recorded a save in 29-straight games, the fifth-longest streak in program history
- Streaking: Paisley Eagan has recorded a draw control in 18-straight games, tied for the eighth-longest streak in program history
Follow the Gators: