US Lacrosse’s annual Champion Challenge is taking place for the seventh consecutive year at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Florida, Jan. 27-29, 2012.
Scheduled to compete are the U.S. men’s and women’s national senior teams, which include members of the most recent Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) world championship squads, as well as the University of Denver men’s team, the Northwestern University women’s team and the University of Maryland women’s team. Other participants include the University of Notre Dame’s men’s team, Syracuse University’s women’s team, and the England women’s national team.
In addition to a full slate of exhibition games, the national teams will also host instructional clinics for youth and high school players in grades 3-12 on Saturday, Jan. 28. And, the U.S. women’s team coaching staff will offer a clinic for local coaches to learn “The Team USA Way.”
A preliminary schedule of the weekend’s events:
Friday, Jan. 27
7 p.m. – U.S. Women’s Team vs. England Women’s Team
7:30 p.m. – Jacksonville vs. Notre Dame (scrimmage)
Saturday, Jan. 28
11:30 a.m. – England Women’s Team vs. Syracuse University
3 p.m. – England Women’s Team vs. Northwestern University
4:30 p.m. – U.S. Men’s Team/University of Notre Dame combined practice
5 p.m. – U.S. Women’s Team vs. University of Maryland
7 p.m. – U.S. Women’s Team vs. University of Maryland
Sunday, Jan. 29
11 a.m. – U.S. Women’s Team vs. Northwestern University
11 a.m. – England Women’s Team vs. University of Maryland
1:30 p.m. – U.S. Men’s Team vs. Denver University
1:30 p.m. – U.S. Women’s Team vs. Northwestern University
All games will be played on the lacrosse fields at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Adult Single Day General Admission: $15.50
Child (ages 3-9) Single Day General Admission: $10.50
Adult LOE (Length of Event) Three Day Pass: $31.00
Child (ages 3-9) LOE Three Day Pass: $21.00
The youth clinics are scheduled to be held on Saturday afternoon from 1-3 p.m.
Girls’ Registration Links: Grades 1-6 | Grades 7-8, JV | Varsity
Additional information about the girls’ clinics is available here.
U.S. Women’s National Team Coaching Clinic
(open to men and women who coach girls’ lacrosse)
A coaching clinic for coaches based on the TEAM USA WAY
• What is the TEAM USA WAY?
• Learn what it takes to coach the world’s best team.
• Topics include: team philosophy, team chemistry, stickwork, offense, defense, goalies, riding, fitness, team building and more!
• Team USA coaches: Head Coach Ricky Fried (head coach at Georgetown University); Amy Bokker (head coach at Stanford University); Bowen Holden (head coach at Boston College); Liz Robertshaw (head coach at Boston University); Jess Wilk (US Lacrosse Hall of Famer and former U.S. team goalie); Michele Dejuliis (assistant coach at Princeton University); Carol Cantele (head coach at Gettysburg College)
• Early registration cost is $55 which includes free admission ($31.00 value) to all the games. Cost will go up to $65 after January 21.
For more information: http://www.uslacrosse.org/TopNav2Right/Events/2012ChampionChallenge.aspx