Jokers Lacrosse Club to Offer Face- Off Clinic with D-1 Face Off Specialist Dylan Davis
Written on . Posted in Uncategorized.
On July 30-31 Dylan Davis will be coaching a face-off clinic hosted by the Jokers Lacrosse Club. The clinic is open to boys’ lacrosse players of all ages who want to become better face off men. The cost is $35 for the six hour clinic. Dylan is an accomplished face off specialist from Trinity Prep School who now plays for VMI. He is a founding member of the Jokers Lacrosse Club. Dylan finished his senior season at Trinity Prep with an 80% face-off win percentage and his four year career average at Trinity was 63%. Dylan holds the all time records at Trinity Prep for Face Offs and Ground Balls, as well as virtually all scoring records. The Clinic will be held at Camelot Elementary School in the Avalon Park area of East Orlando, on July 30th and 31st from noon-3:00 PM. Players are asked to pre-register at the link below but walk-ons will be accepted. Davis says he plans on using the full six hours to cover the entire job of a real face-off man and give attendees the practice skills and knowledge they need to become top face-off men as well as lacrosse players. The clinic will cover;
- The Mentality of a Face-Off Specialist.
- Clamps, Pinch-n-Pops, Plungers, Jams, and other moves you have never heard of.
- Proper “Wing” play.
- What to do with the ball once you win it (A true face-off specialist must be able to handle the ball).
- Drills and practice techniques to keep you improving long after the clinic is over.
- The Clinic will finish with a “King of the Hill” tournament.