St. Andrew’s and Lake Highland Prep Keep Top Two Spots in the Tom Marachek’s All-Pro Lacrosse Coach’s Poll
It was a quiet week with several of our top ten teams on hiatus for spring break. The big mover of the week was St. Thomas Aquinas who won our Game of the Week against Benjamin and moved up two spots. Pine Crest was upset by Boca and dropped a spot, but Boca didn’t get the love and stayed at number 9.
- St Andrew’s had the week off and held onto the number one spot.
- Lake Highland Prep – Held onto the number two spot, played one game defeating a very strong Tampa Jesuit team 13-8.
- St. Thomas Aquinas moves up to the number three spot from number five. They beat Archbishop McCarthy 19-2 and then won the FloridaLacrosseNews.com “Game of the Week” against Benjamin 7-5.
- Ponte Vedra had only one game this week, defeating Gulliver Prep 12-3. It wasn’t enough, however, to keep the third spot in the rankings as St. Thomas moved past them on the strength of a great win in a big game.
- Benjamin beat WT Dwyer 17-2 but lost the “Game of the Week” in a big South Florida match up with St. Thomas Aquinas 5-7. This dropped them two spots to #5.
- Jupiter picked up a spot in the poll by remained undefeated and clinching top seed in their district by beating Vero Beach 13-2 and Jupiter Christian 11-1.
- Pine Crest drops one spot after losing to Boca 12-15. They did come back and beat Taravella 26-4, but still drop to number 7 in the coach’s poll.
- Bishop Moore didn’t play this week and held onto the number 8 spot.
- Boca Raton – Upset Pine Crest 15-12 and defeated King’s Academy 19-1. But what will it take for the 13-2 Bobcats to get some love from our coaches? They have only lost to St. Andrew’s and St. Thomas Aquinas. Outside of those two games they have had no other teams on our top ten list besides Pine Crest. Our pollsters are certainly rewarding strength of schedule and quality wins.
- Lake Brantley – Beat Lake Howell 15-3 and held onto the final spot in the top ten poll.