#9 Rollins Handles Chargers, 14-4
Nine Different Tars Scored Goals on Wednesday
WINTER PARK, Fla. (March 15, 2023) – The Rollins women’s lacrosse team put on another dominant performance on Wednesday evening, easily dispatching of Alabama – Huntsville, 14-4. The Tars are now 8-0 on the year, while the Chargers drop to 3-6.
Holyn Trautwein netted a season-best four goals to go along with a team-leading three draw controls, while Abigail Cawley chipped in with two goals, two assists, two caused turnovers, and five ground balls. Bridget Cawley also had five ground balls along with a game-high four caused turnovers, and Caroline Gastonguay contributed a game-high three assists. Claire Barber (1-0) played all 60 minutes to get the win, making four saves while allowing four goals.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Charlotte Gastonguay scored the opening goal on an assist from Caroline Gastonguay, giving Rollins a 1-0 lead 1:56 into the game.
- Madison McGarry and Trautwein were the next two to score, with Claire Reist following those goals with one of her own to build the lead to 4-0 with 5:37 on the clock.
- UAH scored the last two goals of the quarter to get back within two at 4-2.
- After the Chargers got the first goal of the second to make it a one-goal game, Trautwein found the net twice for the only other markers of the period, giving the Tars a 6-3 advantage at halftime.
- Both defenses were stout in the third, with only Abigail Cawley and Trautwein finding the scoresheet, pushing the Rollins lead to 8-3.
- Molly Mendes made it 9-3 less than a minute into the fourth quarter.
- After a UAH goal, Delanie Aberie found the net to make it 10-4 with 9:44 to go.
- Ashley Goldstein, Lily Thornewill, Abigail Cawley, and McGarry all added goals down the stretch to put the game away as Rollins cruised to a 14-4 win.
The Tars will be back in action on Friday, March 17, when they host No. 20 New Haven at 7:30 p.m.